Thursday, December 19, 2013

To Beijing

I took my last Chinese test this morning.

This week, I've had my Silk Road test, oral exam, exit exam, literature final, literature paper, Capstone project, and Chinese final. In addition to packing. But it's all done now.

I'm getting ready to go to lunch here soon. It's our chance to say goodbye. We've made a family here. I honestly wasn't expecting to. I've been here for four months without going home. It's the longest I've been away. And it's the longest I've been someplace I may never go back to. I hope I get to someday.

I got a little bit emotional when I was working on my Chinese final today. Last time in that classroom. Last walk back to my dorm.

At our little closing ceremony, we're going to show the video we made on the Silk Road trip, which I hope to be able to post at some point, if we get it working. I don't know whether I'm going to laugh or cry. Maybe both.

I'm taking the train tonight with Shelby, Mary, Malcolm, Daniel, and Joey. It'll be nice to have one last day. I wish we could have taken more with us, though.

It's so weird that the flight I booked forever ago is almost upon me.

I should be able to post again in Beijing.

For now, 再见!

No comments:

Post a Comment